Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Evening Begins

The evening begins with us writing. 
I like to write. 
I found that I felt
unconnected to the words
when the computer 
was invited
to create a poem 
from my words. 
Here is an example.
My Poem about my week:

Driveways 
Like to keep
You Home

Water 
Likes 
To 
Freeze

Houses 
Like To Feel
The Heat
By Burning Up 
The Trees.

This is what the computer came up with:

Endure calmly like a misty cloud.
Why does the whale die?
Why does the wave grow?
Waves rise like clear whales.
Death, Faith, and Faith.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is the poem I made from words from "page 397":

Themom

You certainly wouldn't 
Fire Mom
Would you?
He thought no man
could know himself
until he knew how important 
women were. 
They were more
 important 
than writing.

Now one about what it means to be human in a digital society:

Outside
I breathe in the cold fresh air
Inside
The computer slumbers
like the earth 
as it waits 
for spring.

Without me 
it would wait
 forever.

No comments: